Topic 1 (Verb Tenses)
Auxiliaries TO BE/TO DO 3
Present Simple Tense 4
Present Tense Continuous 4
Interrogative in English 6
Negative in English 7
Past Tense Simple 7
Past Tense Continuous 8
Future Simple 20
Future with ‘Going To’ 21
Topic 2 (Nouns)
Countable and Uncountable Nouns 10
Gender in English 10
Plural in English 11
Topic 3 (Articles)
Definite Articles 15
Indefinite Articles 16
Zero Articles 17
Extras din document
1. AUXILIARIES IN ENGLISH
TO BE TO HAVE
I am=eu sunt I have-eu am
You are=tu esti/voi sunteti You have=tu ai/voi aveti
He/She/It is=el/ea este He/She/It has=el/ea are
We are=noi suntem We have=noi avem
They are=ei/ele sunt They have=ei/ele au
See you later!/See you soon!
2. PRESENT SIMPLE
We use this tense for :
-facts and permanent states: Ralph works for a plumbing company.
-general truths and laws of nature: The moon revolves around the Earth.
-habits and routines(with always, usually..): We usually rent films at the weekends.
-timetables and programmes (in the future): My plane lands at 6.00 exactly.
-sporting commentaries, reviews and narrations: Lee swings his bat and scores a home run.
-likes and dislikes I love Slovenia. It’s a beautiful country.
It is formed with “S”/”ES” added at 3rd person singular
Ex: to work-he works
to wash-he washes
TIME EXPRESSIONS used with present simple:
-usually, often, always, every day/every week, in the morning, at night, on Fridays
3. PRESENT CONTINUOUS
-TO BE + VB +ING
-for actions taking place at or around the moment of speaking:
He is washing his car now.
-for temporary situations
We are replacing the carpets in the bedroom this weekend.
-for fixed arrangements in the near future
We’re signing up for a yoga class tomorrow.
-for currently changing and developing situations
The days are becoming shorter and shorter.
-with adverbs such as ALWAYS to express anger or irritation at a repeated action
You are always blaming others for your mistakes.
TIME EXPRESSION used with present continuous:
-now, at the moment, at present, these days, nowadays, still, today, tonight
INTRODUCING SOMEONE (FAMILY AND FRIENDS)
-Hi! This is my friend, Mike!
-Hello, Mike! Nice to meet you!/ Glad to meet you!/How do you do, Mike!
-It’s a pleasure meeting you!
-Hello! May I introduce Mary, Mike’s sister?
Vocabulary practice containing words describing family members and relatives
Put the verb in the correct form, present continuous or present simple:
1. Let’s go out. It (not/rain) now.
2. Julia is very good at languages. She (speak) four languages very well.
3. Hurry up! Everybody (wait) for you.
4. ‘ (you/listen) to the radio?’ ‘No, you can turn it off.’
5. ‘ (you/ listen) to the radio every day?’ No, just occasionally.
6. The River Nile (flow) into the Mediterranean.
7. Look at the river. It (flow) very fast today-much faster than usual.
8. We usually (grow) vegetables in our garden but this year we (not/grow) any.
9. ‘How is your English?’ ‘Not bad. It (improve) slowly.’
10. Ron is in London at the moment. He (stay) at the Park Hotel. He (always/stay) there when he’s in London.
11. Can we stop walking soon? I (start) to feel tired.
12. ‘Can you drive?’ ‘I (learn). My father (teach) me’.
13. Normally I (finish) work at 5.00, but this week I (work) until 6.00 to earn a bit more money.
14. My parents (live) in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else. Where (your parents/live)?
15. Sonia (look) for a place to live. She (stay) with her sister until she finds somewhere.
16. ‘What (your father/do)?’ ‘He’s an architect but he (not/work) at the moment.’
17. (at a party) Usually I (enjoy) parties but I (not/enjoy) this one very much.
18. The train is never late. It (always/leave) on time.
19. Jim is very untidy. He (always/leave) his things all over the place.
Conținut arhivă zip
- LImba Engleza.doc
Alții au mai descărcat și
Introduction Why have I chosen this subject ?, is a very simple question with a simple answer, because I feel I can do more than just formal...
We have chosen to do a case study of Ristorante Monello. We made this choice because of easy access to data collection. We would like to focus...
Chapter one: Contextualization of the study 1. Introduction 1.1 Background to the study: The misunderstanding of the concept of managing or the...
Introduction To begin with, our project is sharing a remarkable story about the evolution of an iconic brand and the company that bears its name....
I. INTRODUCTION The word “noun” comes from the latin nomen meaning “name”. Word classes like nouns were first described by th Sanskrit grammarian...
Argument Every nation on Earth has its own characteristics, characteristics which are influenced by the regional mentality (Balkan mentality,...
SCHOOL: ENGLISH TEACHER: DATE: 19th of January 2015 STUDENTS’ LEVEL: Upper-Intermediate, 11th grade TYPE OF LESSON: Teaching grammar TOPIC:...
Te-ar putea interesa și
Introducere În cazul sistemelor care au un număr mare de resurse şi aplicaţii care urmează să fie executate, problema principală este...
I. Obiectivele stagiului de practica • familiarizarea studenţilor cu mediul economic, identificarea legăturilor dintre cunoştinţele teoretice şi...
1. Rezumat 1) Concluzii Rezultatele cercetării arată că decizia studenţilor de a apela sau nu la programele Work & Travel este influenţată de o...
Introducere „… se scurge timpul trecător de parcă ar fi un izvor murmurător. Cu el îşi ia şi anii vieţii ce se strecor ca frunzele într-un copac...
ARGUMENT Continua dezvoltare şi răspândire a tehnologiei informaţiei continuă să surprindă încă şi astăzi. Dacă în anii ‚’70 sau ’80 oamenii când...
Introducere Actualitatea cecetării. La hotarele mileniilor lumea a căpătat o nouă imagine, imagine ce se remarcă prin schimbarea substanţială a...
Firma S.C“CHOOSE YOUR WAY”S.R.L., înfiinţată în anul 2008 doreşte să se lanseze pe piaţa din Iaşi cu o noua gamă de produse şi servicii, respectiv...
“Profesorul mediocru spune, profesorul bun explică și demonstrează, profesorul perfect inspiră.” William George Ward Plecând de la citatul...