- INTRODUCTION ... 2
- CHAPTER I. THE ESSENCE, CONTENT AND IMPORTANCY OF THE STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT .4
- 1.1 Strategic management - A concept with complex exegesis
- 1.2 The characteristics of the strategic management
- 1.3 The link between planning the strategy and the strategic management
- 1.4 Tasks, skills and responsibilities in strategic management
- CHAPTER II. STAGES OF THE FOUNDATION OF THE STRATEGY OF THE ORGANIZATION .13
- 2.1 The strategy: concepts and components
- 2.2 Implementation, control and the evaluation of the strategy
- CHAPTER III. INSIDE OF ERICSSON TELECOMMUNICATIONS ROMANIA: MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES ...19
- 3.1 Short history and presentation of Ericsson Telecommunications Romania strategic vision
- 3.2 Description of the services and products delivered by Ericsson Telecommunication Romania
- 3.3 Market analysis and trends
- 3.4 Analysis of the microenvironment of the company
- 3.5 SWOT analysis
- CHAPTER IV: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF ERICSSON TELECOMMUNICATIONS ROMANIA ...30
- 4.1. The focused strategy within Ericsson
- 4.2. Implementation of the focused strategy
- 4.3. Is the new strategy the best way for Ericsson to be back again on profit?
- CONCLUSIONS .42
- BIBLIOGRAPHY .. 44
- ANEXA 46
Extras din document
Strategic management is the detailed organizing of the sources from different categories within the following departments: financial, manufacturing, marketing, technological, labor. It's about using all the resources that can be used to reach the goals. The strategy refers to whenever decisions are made that determine the course of the evolution of a company or organization. Any company, with its specific origins, know-how and skills, with its previous choices, is a dynamic system of relationships and recurrent exchanges between its constituent parts.
The implementation of a well-established concept can result in a system that is characterized by stable and harmonious links between different parts, links that can be adjusted in accordance with economic reality. This system has can lead to success and is the engine of values and motivation shared by all its members. Such a system guarantees the development of an adequate strategy that leads unequivocally to the achievement of the proposed goals. A company that fails to create a strategic system capable of executing an appropriate market strategy will be condemned sooner or later to disappear. In fact, economic rivalry is always disputed between strategic systems with different properties, thus possessing various skills and capacities.
This paper, “The strategic management in telecommunications industries”, presents the current state of telecommunications as well as telecommunication management strategies, with reference to ERICSSON TELECOMMUNICATIONS ROMANIA. Thus the work was divided into three parts as follows:
The first part deals with the essence and content of strategic management and its dimensions, the link between planning the strategy and the strategic management and concluding with the attributions, competencies and responsibilities of strategic management.
The second chapter refers to the foundation and implementation of the organization's strategy.
Chapter three includes information on Strategic Telecommunication Management, the strategic vision of ERICSSON TELECOMMUNICATIONS ROMANIA, the management strategy being of a significant importance in conducting an organization, in order to achieve its goals.
In the chapter number four, I will present the focused strategy within Ericsson, it’s implementation and we will have the answer to the question if Ericsson can return to profitability with new strategy.
My work brings as novelty, the different way of action from Ericsson Telecommunication Romania towards its competitors, as a result of the fact that the new developments in the telecommunication market, technological factors and computer technologies appears at a highspeed and trigger new actions in this field.
The need to approach this topic results from the facts that economic events of recent years have influenced and continue to substantially influence the theory and practice of the management process. The current business environment is different and much more complex than in the previous years.
Currently all industries are experiencing the effects of essential demographic changes (migration of labor to developed countries, enlargement outsourcing, globalization, consolidation within different industries, growth competition), and environmental factors such as global warming and pollution, that's why we need an analysis in line with the changes that have taken place lately.
CHAPTER I. THE ESSENCE, CONTENT AND IMPORTANCY OF THE STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Management is an external manifestation of global economic reality. It is a very common term used in all areas of activity. All companies no matter the field in which they operate, are directly involved in management because is helping in guiding various approaches for a clear purpose. Management is the sum of all the activities of organizing and coordinating a business with the unique purpose of achieving its goals.
Management is frequently seen as a production proxy beside with equipment, physical and cash. The well-known Peter Drucker highlights the fact that the main role of management is both innovation and marketing. Leadership is the interconnection of corporate policy-making and organizational, planning, controlling, and targeting means of an organization to accomplish the goals of that method.
1.1 Strategic management: a concept with complex exegesis
The objective of the management is human activity, management being a process of directing and orientating human resources activity to accomplish some targets. "Management is a system of concepts and methods by which the leadership of a micro or macro entity: economic, cultural, scientific, political and social in order to achieve high and sustainable performance".
1. Bacanu Bogdan - Strategic Management, Teora Publishing House, Bucharest, 1997
2. Băcanu Bogdan - Anti strategic Management, Polirom Publishing House, Bucharest, 2014
3. Barbulescu Constantin - Strategic Systems of the Enterprise, Economica Publishing House, Bucharest, 1999
4. Belu Nicoleta - Strategic Management, Economic Independence Publishing House, 2006
5. Ciocarlan Doinița - Strategic Management, University Publishing House, Bucharest, 2009, p. 33
6. Nicolescu Ovidiu, Verboncu Ion - Corporate Management Strategies, Economica Publishing House, Bucharest, 1996
7. Popa Ion - Strategic Management, Economic Independence Publishing House, 2004, p.60
8. Puiu Alexandru, Belu Nicoleta, Ciorășteanu Geanina, Parpandel Denisa Elena - Management-Applicative course, Economic Independence Publishing House, 2010, p.12
9. Russu Corneliu - Strategic Management, All Beck Publishing House, Bucharest, 1999, p.22
10. Verboncu Ion - Management Efficiency, Efficiency Performance, University Publishing House., Bucharest, 2013, p.85
11. John A. Pearce, Richard Braden Robinson - Strategic management: strategy formulation and implementation, Irwin Publications in Economics, 1988, p.11
12. Raymond-Alain Thietart - The strategy of enterprises. 2nd edition. Paris (France) : McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 1990, p.47
13. Alain Charles Martinet - The strategic management: organization and politic Paris: McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 1984, p.20
14. Peter F. Drucker - The practice of management, New York: Harper & Row, 1954, p.52
15. Bryson, J. M. - Strategic Planning for Public and Nonprofit Organizations, 3rd edition. San Francisco, 2004, p.27-28
16. Steven J. Kahl, Brian S. Silverman - History and Strategy, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2012, p.2
17. Stevenson Howard - “To eat or to be eaten - The Risk of Strategic Decision in Modern Management”, Economica Publishing House, 2003, p. 24
18. Marian C. Burke - Strategic Choice and Marketing Managers, Nov 1984, Sage Publications, Inc., p.15
19. Henry Mintzberg - “The rise and fall of strategic planning”, Free Press, Toronto, p. 24- 25.
20. Hofer, C. W. & Schendel, D. (1978). Strategy formulation: Analytical concepts. St. Paul, MN: West., p.103
Conținut arhivă zip
- The strategic management in telecommunications industry.docx
Alții au mai descărcat și
3.4. Metodologia auditului sistemelor calitatii Standardul international ISO 10011 stabileste principiile, criteriile, practicile de baza si...
Mediul extern al firmei poate fi impartit in doua mari segmente: - mediul general sau mega-mediul - mediul specific(mediul sarcina);...
WHO and HOW MADE IT POSSIBLE? In order to get where Sicomed has got one has to be very talented, very intelligent an also very patient. The...
Te-ar putea interesa și
Introducere Lucrarea de faţă abordează conceptul de alianţe strategice între firmele multinaţionale, evoluţia și importanţa alianţelor strategice...
‘Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship. It is the act that endows resources with a new capacity to create wealth. Innovation,...