Extras din document
DATE: 19th of January 2015
STUDENTS’ LEVEL: Upper-Intermediate, 11th grade
TYPE OF LESSON: Teaching grammar
TOPIC: Passive Voice
LESSON LENGTH: 50 minutes
SKILLS: listening, reading, speaking, writing
• Students will inductively review passive form structures.
• Students will be aware of the difference between active and passive voice.
• Students will practice the use of the passive voice.
• Students will understand when and why passive voice is used.
By the end of the lesson students will be able:
• to identify a passive voice form;
• to transform sentences from active voice into passive voice;
• to produce passive sentences in meaningful situations;
• to use passive voice (all forms) in context.
METHODS: conversation, explanation, dialogue, exercise, didactic game.
CLASSROOM INTERACTIONS: individual work, group work and pair work.
TEACHING AIDS: blackboard, worksheets, posters and video projector.
Time Stage of lesson Teacher’s activity Students’ activity Aids Aims
2’ Checking attendance
T. greets the pupils and then she checks attendance by asking the question: “Who is missing today?” Ss. greets the teacher and then they answer the question: “Who is missing today?” - To check attendance.
5’ Warm-up T. gives pupils the first worksheet (annex 1) and asks them to complete the crossword puzzle by filling in the correct answers to the seven definitions below.
1. A person who paints.
2. A little insect that lives in the ground.
3. A big amount of water.
4. It is in the sky and it is hot.
5. If it is not boring, it is………?
6. Helps us to communicate and is heard by the ears.
7. It is made by the hen. Ss. listen carefully to the T. and write on the worksheet the respective words, realizing that the name of the new lesson is Passive Voice.
(annex 1) To check the accomplishment of given instructions, and to understand the name of the new lesson.
Conținut arhivă zip
- Lesson Plan - Passive Voice.docx
Alții au mai descărcat și
1 Introduction 1.1 About the final project My final project is based on my internship in Hotel Ami. During my internship, I have access...
We have chosen to do a case study of Ristorante Monello. We made this choice because of easy access to data collection. We would like to focus...
INTRODUCTION The present course paper is devoted to the analysis of the most effective ways of increasing motivation in teaching English as a...
INTRODUCTION Nowadays pedagogical thinking structures itself round the question How to create a human being? My paper tries to seek for the...
Chapter one: Contextualization of the study 1. Introduction 1.1 Background to the study: The misunderstanding of the concept of managing or the...
COURSE NAME: English LESSON TITLE: Big Brother is Watching You! TOPIC: Passive Voice STUDENTS’ LEVEL: Upper-Intermediate, 10th grade. DATE:...
Argument Every nation on Earth has its own characteristics, characteristics which are influenced by the regional mentality (Balkan mentality,...